As per the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC), appraisers are recommended to provide temporary measures to enable businesses to continue to operate while acknowledging the real risk to the health of our communities. These measures include decreased numbers of physical inspections and an increase in exterior inspections and virtual inspections, on a case by case basis.
Contact-Free Appraisal Options:
- Desktop or drive-by reports, depending on financial institution requirements and allowances.
- We are able to offer reports with an external inspection of the site with interior details and photos provided by the applicant. This would be addressed in our extraordinary assumptions and may be suitable for your purposes. If additional information is required, the appraiser will request a virtual inspection through a video chat at a time suitable for both the appraiser and the client. (i.e. Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, Google Duo, etc.)
- Exterior inspections will not require any contact with the homeowner, but will include measurements of the property, in addition to an inspection of external elements of the property.
- Images required from the homeowner:
- All Bathrooms
- All Bedrooms
- Living Room
- Dining Room
- Family Room / Den
- Office/ Additional Rooms
- Hot Water Tank
- Electrical Panel
- Notable upgrades and/or areas of concern
If a Physical Inspection is Required:
- Vacant properties and/or properties under construction are ideal.
- Our appraisers will be wearing masks and gloves at the time of inspection.
- Our appraisers will be practicing social distancing throughout the inspection. If the property is not vacant, we ask that the homeowner(s) remain in one area of the home throughout the inspection to limit physical interaction between the appraisers and our clients.
- We request that all lights are on and all interior doors are open prior to the beginning of the inspection.
If you have any questions or concerns related to our new protocols, please contact us to discuss further. Our team will continue to monitor the current COVID-19 situation and we will provide updates in regards to our safety measures as necessary. Our staff and customers’ health is our utmost priority and we thank you for your continued support in this difficult time.
For current updates on the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/index.html.